Relay For Life Movement – Volunteer Food Pantry Collection
October 15 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm PDT
Relay For Life is one of the largest peer-to-peer fundraising events in the world. For more than 35 years, communities around the globe have come together to raise funds for a future free from cancer and we have no intention of ever slowing down. This year we have been asked by Michelle Reinhard to provide logistical support for the Inland Empire relay. Read about why Michelle Reinhart is participating in the relay here.
- 5 Volunteers are needed to collect the can goods from the relay track at the conclusion of the Luminaria Ceremony.
- The canned goods will be placed in the Lampkin Foundation vehicle and brought to the Lampkin Foundation headquarters to be placed in the Food Pantry.
- Volunteers are only needed at the site of the relay. Additional volunteer dates will be set up to assist with restocking the food pantry and distributing food to residents in need.
- Volunteers are welcome to participate all day (8AM – 9PM), however, canned good collection occurs from 8PM to 10PM.
- If you have not done so in the past, please complete our Volunteer Registration Form.
The Lampkin Foundation’s Food Pantry was established in 2020 at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic. It was originally designed to meet the needs of families and seniors who were experiencing food insecurity due to unemployment and workplace furloughs when businesses began to close. Today the Food pantry serves residents residing in the West End of San Bernardino County who are experiencing food insecurity. Service to areas outside of the West End of San Bernardino is dependent upon donations received outside of FEMA’s Emergency Food Service Program grant.