- This event has passed.
Gardening for Healthier Communities – Seeds of Joy
September 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm PDT
The Caramel Connections Foundation (CCF) Seeds of Joy Community Garden is located at Anthony Munoz Park 1240 W 4th St, Ontario, CA 91762. Caramel Connections Foundation is a community partner of the D’Andre D. Lampkin Foundation and enables us to carry out the work outlined in our DNA Initiative. CCF is on a mission to create a community garden to teach Inland Empire families how to maintain an edible garden. CCF enables community-supported healthy eating, active living, and educational initiatives at the new Seeds of Joy Community Garden.
The DNA (Developing Neighborhood Agriculture) Initiative provides support to community farms by offering support to local agriculture projects in communities identified as lacking fresh fruit, vegetables, and other healthful whole foods. We are transforming how families access affordable nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables in urban communities.
- Yoga facilitation
- Cooking demonstrator
- Garden maintenance
- Literacy advocate, reading to children on 4th Saturday of every month
- If you have not done so in the past, please complete our Volunteer Registration Form.
What to Expect:
- Community Garden
- Weekly Nutrition Classes and Immersive Workshops
- Food From Seed to Harvest
- Fun Cooking Classes & Healthy Beverage Pairings
- Yoga & Meditation
- Canning & Food Preservation Classes